Today, I have quit the Steak and Egg diet, but here is why:
When I started this blog and challenge site, I based it around the properties of challenging and debuffing diets to see if they work, and the principals and logistics of how to make it work, if its possible. The 3 month timeline is just something that sounds relatively good, and is a nice period of time.
Yet, today, I have a different concept about where and what these challenges and this blog will take me, It will better myself and learn from trial and error.
I have always based my learning around trial and error. You must first be defeated, before you can win. I firmly believe this logic, and if you can’t take defeat and turn it around into a win where you have learned your lessons, then you will always be stuck where you are in life.
Furthermore, allow me to break it down (How I always do, point form):
Objective: Go for 90 Days just eating Steak and Eggs, and have a cheat day on every 7th day.
Rules: Can use alternatives for proteins, so ground beef for steak, and spices on the eggs, scrambled, sunny side, etc.
- Temptation will always strike, and you will fall.
- What I learned from this: You can decide the depths of the fall, and how fast you pick yourself up. Self destruction happens, and the true strength comes from within to get back on track with what you want.
- If you play within your limits, you will always stay within your limits.
- What I learned from this: If you don’t push your dedication to what you want, and keep the end game in mind, you will always have the same issues. For example, at the gym, I would only use machines because I thought that was the concept I needed to workout, but I was blind to other ideals and workout methods, I completely ignored the free weight benches, and the free weights in general. On the food side of things, I lost 15 lbs with this diet, this shows that while not on the diet, I need to maintain a proper calorie and carbohydrate intake, so I will be joining my girlfriend on her weight watchers diet.
- If your in a relationship, you can’t TRULY enjoy a meal together.
- What I learned from this: I love my girlfriend with all my heart, and because were both hard working individuals, who work separate shifts, we have little time in the morning together, and when I”m eating a steak and egg diet, I can’t really enjoy the “fruits of life” with her. I’m just eating the same shit, different day, and I really can’t enjoy that teriyaki chicken wrap with her, or that fruit parfait, because my diet is restricted. It’s unfair as a relationship, and I think going on the same diet is definitely going to strengthen our relationship going forward. We made a weight loss challenge together, we may as well do the diet together and be a team. Plus, she’s going to love that there is no more greasy residue on EVERY frying pan, and EVERY bowl. Hahaha.
You don’t need to eat Steak and Eggs to lose weight, you don’t need to lift 150 pound dumbbells to lose fat and gain muscle (unless your at that level, haha), what you do need to do is this: realize.
Realize, you can’t ponder why your not losing weight, while you drink a double double coffee every morning
Realize, you can’t ponder why your not losing weight, while eating a family size bag of chips at night.
Realize, you can’t ponder why your not losing weight, while lifting 20 pounds at 200 reps.
Realize, you can’t ponder why your not losing weight, while you come up with excuses not to go to the gym.
Realize, you can’t ponder why your relationship may be stressed, if your not on the same page.
Realize, you could be doing it wrong, and it is okay. Just learn a lesson, trial and error.
I am so excited for my next challenge, and my next step in life with this journey. I hope you are too.
P.S. Here are my pictures from before and after, the 15 pounds I lost, and the weight loss goals of me and my girlfriend.